- 2006 — 2010
- Social Well Being
- Children’s Services
- Arts & Culture
History Of Giving: Details
Bricks & Mortar
When it comes to centres of excellence, The Allard Foundation is proud to support projects from the ground up.
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
- Newman College and St. Joseph’s Seminary — Cornerstone of Faith
- Brentwood College — New Girls Residence
- Telus World of Science — Body Fantastic Gallery
- Lois Hole Hospital — Mature Women’s Health & Familial Ovarian Cancer Clinic
- University of Alberta — Health Research Innovation Facility
- Edmonton Humane Society
- WINGS (Women in Need Growing Stronger)
- YMCA (Don Wheaton)
- Art Gallery of Alberta
- Red Deer College — Taking Charge of Tomorrow Capital Campaign
- Ronald Macdonald House — Warmest House in the North
Endowments — Research & Innovation
We believe that creating endowments enables future growth, innovation and research breakthroughs. Matching grants can leverage dollars and maximize benefits.
- Caritas Hospital Foundation — This was our very first endowment, which continues to support the Edmonton General and Grey Nuns Hospitals where Dr. Allard served a long career in medicine.
- Allard Chair in Melanoma Research now University Hospital Foundation / University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine Emerging Team Grant for Cancer Research
- Alberta Cancer Foundation
- Allard Chair in Experimental Oncology — Researching specific compounds that will successfully target and fight different types of cancers.
- Allard Chair in Business — Grant MacEwan University
- Glenrose Hospital Foundation endowment
- University of Alberta Steadward Centre endowment
- Junior Achievement
Scholarships, Bursaries and Education
Education shapes who we are, what we become and what we in turn offer our fellow man. The Allard Foundation supports unique education programs.
- Grant MacEwan University — scholarships and bursary endowment fund for the Faculty of Communications, matching donor for Mad Hatters ball 2011 and 2012 and access to education fund.
- Grant MacEwan University — Allard Nursing Program awards including three bursaries, one Dean’s Scholarship in Nursing and two other scholarships.
- NAIT — Dr. Charles Allard Founder Awards — Communications program with emphasis on awards in the Radio and Television Program
Social Well Being
In every community, there exists the need to lend a helping hand, to protect those who are vulnerable and to reach out to the poor.
The Allard Foundation has supported the following organizations over many years:
- Bissell Centre
- Catholic Social Services
- Christmas Bureau
- Edmonton Inner City Housing
- Food Bank
- Marian Centre
- Meals on Wheels
- Salvation Army
- Support Network
Arts & Culture
The catalyst that evokes emotion and fuels our creative energy. Arts and culture inspires and challenges us to explore new ideas.
- Alberta Ballet
- Banff Centre
- Citadel Theatre
- Edmonton Kiwanis Music Festival
- Edmonton Musical Theatre