Planting The Seed
The Allard Foundation is a private family foundation which supports charities in Western Canada primarily in Edmonton and Alberta.
If your project / proposal meets the Allard Foundation’s philosophy, current priorities and funding availability, our foundation can help your project grow. We review applications every six to eight weeks to determine how to distribute funding. There are no specific deadlines for grant submissions. Our fiscal year begins January 1 and ends on December 31.
A four–person board of directors, made up family members and a representative from the community, guides the Allard Foundation. The board reviews each application on an individual basis with no set minimum or maximum grants. On average, grants awarded range between $1,000 and $10,000.
Your organization must meet these basic requirements. It must:
- have been established for a minimum of one year
- have a specific project or event
- be actively fundraising in the community
- be registered or incorporated under either the Societies Act of Alberta, the Special Act of the Alberta Legislature, be a registered charity or fall under the Special Act of the Parliament of Canada.
Your written submission must include:
- a brief history of your organization
- a name, address, phone number, email address and contact for your organization
- a description of the project / program for which you are requesting grant funds
- the need you are addressing and how that need was determined
- how funding of your project/program will benefit the community
- charity number where applicable
- anticipated funding date
- a budget for the project / program — highlight the items and funds you are requesting from the Allard Foundation.
If your project / program is selected you must provide the Allard Foundation with a tax receipt. We may ask for public recognition and an on–site project review. For larger disbursements of funds, we also require a yearly report and review including a financial statement reflecting grant expenditures.
Applicants can only qualify to receive one grant per fiscal year.
The Foundation will only contact successful applicants.
Send your application to:
#210 Riviera Plaza, 5324 Calgary Trail
Edmonton, Alberta T6H 4J8